WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

oK I will stop whining about you all posting comments

I hung around the campground yesterday and waited for Camping World to call. They did and said the part had not come in but would hopefully come in today. I got confused and thought yesterday was Wed and decided to leave and go to Ga so I am here a day earlier than I need to be.
Cheryl offered me her spare bedroom last night which was nice because it was dark and it was going to be a chore setting up the camper because the site was not very level. So I slept in the house and the dogs slept in the car which of course caused me to worry all night if they were warm enough. They lived. I woke up for the upteenth time at 9 and got dressed and let them out. They seemed fine. It was not that cold but it's really damp and I can't get warm.

I did a load of laundry and then stripped the bed and put the clean dishes away and loaded the dishwasher. Then I leveled the trailer and set it up and went off to Walmart. I picked up a 2nd heater but I can't use it here because I trip the breaker. I can suffer through another night till I get to the campground. I would have gone today but it's farther than I thought. It's 48 miles from here and I wanted to work the dogs before the trial this weekend so I am staying another night.

I worked them this afternoon.Cheryl has some really nice sheep. Not stupid heads. I worked Edge first. ON flanks and then just get around and bring them. He has some trouble if they are against a fence. He sorta goes in the middle and brings me the closest ones. I will fix that but it might take a little while because he is doing it because of the pressure of the fence. So I worked a little on pressure. But before I did that, I sent him into a take pen from a distance to see if he could take them out. He could not. He could hold them really good though. LOL. Just like Dare but Edge will be sooooo much easier to teach to let go. I then put the sheep in a 12 by 12 and I stayed outside and I taught him he could go between the fence and the sheep. AFter I while I think he though it was quite fun.

I put Edge away and took Dually out to work on his standing Stay. It is pretty good now while I am close to him but seems to have little meaning if I am facing him or directly behind from a distance. Oh so useful though and I am loving the results. Also had an opportunity to hold them in the corner and he got stuck and I was able to toss my stick at him and unstick him. The more places I can do that , the less sticky he is going to be.

So Georgia is cold damp and overcast today. Tried to add to my turtleneck supply but Walmart didn't have any. Can't wait to get to Fla and get warm.

1 comment: