WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Monday, December 1, 2014

Twin Creek Farm ASCA Trial

I didn't take the trailer to Kansas. It was about 760 miles from here in Texas and I decided not to try and fight the possible cold and wind. I left on Thanksgiving morning. I was going to stop at Cracker Barrel for Turkey but they were too busy so I stopped at Waffle house and had some loaded home fries instead. I drove about 8hrs the first day and stopped at a Motel 6 in S Haven Kansas right off rt 35. The owner and I got to talking about Thanksgiving dinner and I told her what I had and she offered me some of their family's dinner. She came over with a huge plate of turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes,gravy and a piece of pie. It was delicious and the dogs enjoyed a great deal of it too. I didn't tell her that.
Friday we got a leisurely start because I only had about 200 miles to go. Kansas is quite desolate at this time of the year. I found the "town" and the motel and the only apparent restaurant and had lunch. Then I drove out to find the trial site and met Jerry and Sharon Rowe and they graciously invited me to stay for dinner. Lovely people and a lovely trial site. There is a big indoor arena that we worked sheep in and a large outdoor that we worked cattle in. James Bergert brought the ducks and they were very nice ducks and the sheep were really nice and the cattle really had to be worked. I tied with a 79 for 1st place on Sat and could not get around the course on SUnday because Dually was not moving or doing "anything" I asked him to. sticky sticky.

I had ok runs on the sheep and the ducks . I won only 1 class all weekend and it was ducks on Sunday with a 120 HIT and I think it gave me HIT aussie. The ducks ran in the center pen when I downed Dually and opened the gate. No work involved at all. Funny how sometimes that works. I wanted desperately to get him on his feet and make him looke like he was doing it, but I knew if I got him up he would push them around the pen. Oh well, just take what you get and shut up Diane. I left about 2 yesterday and drove as far as the same Motel 6 and got up early and left at 6. I was back at the trailer at 4. Happy to be "home". Time to start thinking about the next trial.

Found out that I also wond HIT aussie and HIgh ADVAnced aussie for sat and sun. Not sure how that was calculated.

No comments:

Post a Comment