WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Aleve is working

   I have been out of commission most of the week.  Not sure if it's my hip or my back but darn it hurts. I have been sitting on a heating pad a lot in between feeding and raking rocks and moving panels and teaching lessons and working dogs etc etc etc.  Loading the pellet stove. No wonder it's not getting better very fast.
    Anyway, I worked Dually on the light sheep in the muddy 100 by 100 pen.  He kept cutting in and I couldn't get to him because I can't run, so I stopped him and outed him thru the mud.  I think he just didn't want to run thru the mud and  was cutting close by it. BUT   no diving in today at all. Granted I didn't work him very long but he had opportunity a number of times.  The furthur off I can keep him the calmer he will be.  If he gets inside the bubble he can't handle it. So I have been using the down much more which I really don't like to do.  As Bob used to say, " you only have so many downs".  I think I ran out of downs in Dare and I don't 'want to do it in Dually too.

I used Dare to put the ewes one by one back in with the babies after they ate.  He had to stay at the gate and eye them and not dive in.  He did very well.  I didn't have to yell once.  

4 comments:

  1. Hope you get your back under control! All that rock raking I'm sure is not helping:-))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with that back. I have a back that 'talks' too so I know how you feel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet it's the rock raking that's doing in your back- mine can not handle a lot of that type of thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the back/hip problem started before the rock raking although it is certainly aggravating it.

    ReplyDelete