WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Saturday, March 12, 2011

New duckies

    I picked up the call ducks today.  I have 3 prs. a pr of grays, a pr of whites and a pr of blacks.  Ed came up and made them a pool, a dinner area and a bedroom. thanks Ed(Kathy's husband). I bought them off of Craigslist and I met the guy in Holyoke at Friendlys and we had duck exchange.  LOL They are really dirty but they seem healthy enough.






I worked both  dogs yesterday at the arena. Dually did not dive in.  I worked on walk up and That'll do which is when he dives in most of the time. He thought about  it, no question, but he knew I had a pinch and a long line on him, which in the past has not stopped him so I am hopeful.
Dare jumped out of the car and had explosive diahrrea, but  he seemed fine after that and he wanted to work so we did and he worked fine. I need to put a line on him for a while and work on his Stop.  He had rice for supper and was fine all night and he had hamburger and rice for breakfast and is still fine so what they heck was that all about?


Well there is a stream running down my pasture but at least you can see the ground under the 6inches of ice still left .  The lambs are all outside in the wet muck except for the 2 newest sets.  They can get in the barn if they want to, but it will be nice when there is some good dirt they can  walk and nap  on.

2 comments:

  1. Are the blacks solids or bibs? Laura and I are looking for black bibs, so let me know if he has any and maybe I'll give him a try.

    Lambing now here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine are solids, but I'll give you his phone number if you want.

    ReplyDelete