WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Rock Raking

 I'm still at it.  It's slow going. I have hired Kathy's son to work on the farm and rock raking will be a big part of it.  He also moved the porta potti for me yesterday.  Now it isn't the only thing I see when I look out my window or the first thing you see when you go up the drive. There are a couple of big tree trunks that are effectively hiding it from view. I'm very happy with the new placement.  It's not quite level yet  though.
Edward also put some more fenceposts in the new arena area .  We would  have put more in but the ground still has snow and is frozen where the rest need to go.  Bummer --we were on a roll.
The good news is there is a Grand Opening at Tractor Supply the end off the week and I am going to be able to buy cattle panels on sale and an additional 10% off  .  So I will get cattle panels for one side of my arena and the big cattle panels for obstacles and a center pen. Nice can't wait. 
So I have some students coming this weekend to help with rock raking and one today.  I'm thrilled that they are willing to help me out.  But we will all benefit from this. 

I worked Dare yesterday for the first time in a while.  Again note to self--QUIT WHEN YOU ARE AHEAD!

2 comments:

  1. My son is staying with us while he is going to college. He is my rock picker and heavy lifter. I don't know what I would do without him. A very good idea to get some help! Enjoy your shopping trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a miserable job! Good luck with all the rocks:-))

    ReplyDelete