WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Lambing

    I have locked a ewe in the barn. She has been standing around looking contemplative for the morning and I walked out there to watch her and I actually say her have some contractions.  so she is inside and pawing at the straw and sorta making a nest.  I checked her 40 min later and more contractions.  No lambs yet. I have never seen a lamb born so maybe today is the day.

Not only did I see Brownie lamb twins, but 2 hrs later I saw Olive lamb twins Yahoo. One was an old  hand and Olive is a first timer and she did great.  Nice lambs 2 boys and 2 girls and fantastic color.  Nice to see 2 normal births so I will be able to  recognize and abnormal birth if I come across one(hope not).

3 comments:

  1. It is a great experience. Hope you are there for the event.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your lambing went well! We had two sets of twins while I was gone and one of the ewes can't count. Glad its an aggresive little ram lamb, he is sneaking milk anyway and gaining. Won't even take a bottle of course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a ewe who can't count too. She hates her beautiful black merle boy. He's a keeper too as long as he lives. He's learned to nurse from behind her. Glad you are home safe.

    ReplyDelete