WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Clicker Training

I can't tell you how much the clicker used correctly is helping me. Suddenly Dare can get into heel position and he now understands hand signals. I have to work on using it more with heeling but I will wait to see what Leslie's take on heeling will be. 
We have started a little puppy type heeling but not using the clicker just food.  I am still waiting to see how it works out, but I am giving it a chance.

Dually suddenly understood signals today.  yay clicker.  His heeling is all over the place. He's bit of a lunatic.

The heeling is food in right hand, walk 1/2 step and count 1,2,3,4 with each step and reach over with each step and feed with left hand at each count. So left foot is 1 feed and then pull right foot ahead and count 2 and feed until 4 and then walk quickly and count while you are doing it 1,2,3,4 and then feed and repeat. You can do this in a small area because you can do turns. You do have to wait for the pup to catch up and get in heel position before you feed him. Edge is doing it well. It's more me getting the rhythm down because it is kind of awkward.

I also worked on the chin exercise which is getting him to put his head in my cupped hand and hold still for a 2nd and then click.  I think I am clicking incorrectly which is causing a bobbin action. Next thing I will try is to get him to touch his cheek to my hand. I didn't think  I should do both at the same time.

I picked up the new flooring for upstairs and some 1 by 3's to  make some shelves in my closet.  It's slow going but we will get there. 


No comments:

Post a Comment