WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Friday, April 26, 2013

Edge's crosstraining class

I'm having fun with this class..  It's all food and happy happy.   I think Edge is learning to not react to the other dogs movement which makes me very happy.  Today we worked on a new trick/exercise which is called Switch. As you are walking you ask the dog to switch the side he is on to the other side by crossing in front of you. I'm not sure I want my dog to feel it's right to cross in front of me but oh heck --It's just something else to teach him.
So practice this week will be switch, spin both directions, chin on something while I get some distance from him.  Fronts and heel position. back up by my side and in front of me. sit down stand. Jump and touch my hand and althought they didnt' work on it this week, I will teach him TA DA which is putting his head between his front paws as if in a bow. Also right foot and left foot.

This afternoon I fixed 2 screens and put them back in.  That was  long term project.  I tried to do it 2 weeks ago and the screen kept ripping so I bought some new screening and tried it again. It's a bit dark but it's heavier screening and was a lot easier to  install.  That was a job that was supposed to get done last fall and I found it wasn't done and I needed them now to keep the damn mayflies out.

I replanted 2 big clumps of Hosta because they were around the porch and the porch is no longer. I also planted some new plants in the shade garden

As I look around the yard and there is stuff everywhere, I have decided that I need another garden shed and it will fit right next to the porta potti and then I can put my wheelbarrows away.  They have been staying in the barn but I need that for the livestock and the shed out back is too far away and they wont' fit in there when the tractor is put in there. So add that to the list.

Thc contractor found a great deal on metal roofiing for the porch and we decided on windows and ordered them and he got them at a good  price too.  Off we go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment