WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Monday, April 1, 2013

Darn mucky mud

I just went outside to fix the sheep hay so they could get to it. I had a nice clean pitchfork with  me and I leaned it up against the fence to play with the hay.  The sheep knocked it into the muck and then walked all over it.  It was snowing and blowing and I was ankle deep in mud and they put me over the edge.  And then to top it off , I had to slosh back and forth a few times to get a pair of scissors and a hammer to fix things up so they lambs could not get inside the feeder.  They do make a mess. 

I allowed the 2 skinny goats to stay in while a fed the nursing ewes and I watched them slam the lambs around in the stall so I had to stand there and sic Dually on them every time they came in the lamb door. Obviously the lamb door is too big if it allows the stupid goats to get in too.  Just add it to the list.

I went to Tractor Supply to get CD&T vaccine and grain and they get it out of the fridge and bring it up front for you to pick up on the way out. Of course I forgot it and now I have to go back again. Well maybe on the way back from the dump tomorrow.

I am having fun working the box with Dare, Edge and Dually.  Peaches would love to, because there is food involved but sorry Peach. Both Dare and Dually seem to understand the Down hand signal.  I worked on it last year and I guess they had time to think about it.

I bought a tub of protein lick today.  It was 125# and I got it into the wheelbarrow only to find out the it had a flat tire.  Not easy pulling 125#'s with a flat.  So I pumped it up to get the grain out and by the time I got to the barn , it was flat again.So I tried it again and couldn't even get it pumped up so I took it off and will bring it to Tractor Supply and buy a new one.  I used the single wheel wheelbarrow to unload the 400lbs grain.

No comments:

Post a Comment