WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter Sunday

 I slept in until 10am but I had to get up at 6 to let everybody out and then back in and restart the pellet stove and then I went back to bed. The puppy was bored so he apparently chewed his bed to smithereens and I know he ate some of it too, but he seems to be able to process food ok so I guess he's fine.

Dually was sick last night so he ended up sleeping in a crate and then never threw up again of course.

I raked a few leaves today but didn't pick any up. I really hate picking them up. It was really nice out for a while and then the wind picked up and it got chilly.

I sorted off the little black ram lamb and gave him a shot of penn and a dose of cydectin. He's not looking all that well and maybe I can nip whatever it is in the bud.  I almost worked the puppy but there really is no dry ground yet except in the arena and that might be a little big yet.

I put an ad on CRaiglist to see if there were any beef calves out there that somebody might sell me. I am not holding out a lot of hope. They usually calve in the spring and it's really early  to try to get beef calves. I would have better luck getting milk calves but I don't want to have to feed them milk replacer this year.

I picked up the rest of the sheep and the goats and the ducks yesterday in an uneventful trip to Shelleys. I ended up with 7 more Indian Runners that I didnt' think I was getting back. Will try to sell them.

No comments:

Post a Comment