WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

ASCA trial day 3

DAy 3 was not that good.

Dare had a set of goats that had we just let run out of the take pen, we would have been fine, but I chose to have him control them which started one of them to turn and fight him. we got them as far as the handlers line and then they called time warning so I just fetched them the rest of the way.  Good for a score of 45.5  whoopee !

I only  had 3 runs over 100 and the duck runs were frustrating as hell because he was eating poop and oh  look  there goes a big fat bee, let me try and get stung.  Yikes I wanted to kill him.  We worked the ducks after the trial with Roger and much better.  He was phenomenal on driving a tough group of ducks over and over again up the middle of the arena.  I had such trouble with him pushing ducks last year that this is a major breakthru and then we worked on his non existent stop.  He had a good one when we were done.  Gosh he pushes my buttons.

I'm on my way home now  and we drove yesterday about 280 miles and I am in Greenville SC.  I stayed the night in the parking lot of a Cracker Barrel.  I got up this morning and nearly fell out the door the first dog out because you can't see the bottom step and fell and twisted my foot and ankle with the 2nd dog.  Ok with the next dogs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment