WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Friday, October 24, 2014

ASCA FINALS AND NATIONALS HERE WE COME READY OR NOT!!

Yesterday when I was supposed to leave it was a washout. Rain and wind and I just did not want to drive in it so I packed some more and cleaned some more and then Hadley picked me up and we went to the movies. We saw "The JUdge " AND IT was very good. Very Very good.. Go see it.. When I got up this morning, it was still raining and windy but by the time I left at 8:15, it just sprinkling and the wind had died down mostly. I found out right quick that my gas mileage was not even as good as with the other trialer. I am getting about 8.5 to the gal. which means I have to stop more often at gas stations which is what I was afraid of before I bought this monster trailer. The first station which was a Pilot,you would think would have enough room for a car and a trailer but it was tight. I had to back up part way in order to pull away from the pump and not take it out with me. The 2nd station was better but not in a good location to get on and off the highway. HOpefully things will get better from here. It was windy most of the day and I white knuckled a lot of the drive. There was a lot of construction and it's always hard getting out of New England because of the traffic. My first campground taught me something else. Make a reservation dummy because the snowbirds are flying down to Fla too. I had to drive another 50 miles so my total today was 384. And I got to the campground by 4:30 so I got set up in the daylight and I was able to walk the dogs in the light too. Funny thing, I met a couple with an aussie and it turns out they are from Lunenburg going to Texas although not to the Nationals. The dog came from Sandy Landry. Small world. I heated up some leftover soup for dinner and it turns out the fan over the stove doesn't work either. Add that to the list. And because the water inlet is in the rear of the trailer instead of the side I had to use my extension hose which is brand new and it had a hole in it. Thank you Ocean State job lot. I will have to buy another one soon. My little electric heater is on although, it seems a lot warmer down here and that is the idea. LOL Add this to the list. The On demand hot water heater stopped working in the middle of my shower . aghhhh

No comments:

Post a Comment