WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Day 5 285 miles

Last nights campground was an absolute dump and if I could have gotten my money back I wouIld have asked for it. The bathroom was disgusting not just the shower and there was not a lick of tp. I decided to go to a truck stop instead this am. This campground was on a railway line and they kept coming all night and blowing their whistles because it was also an intersection. Not a lot of sleep. Can't wait to get into bed tonight. I made it to Flatonia Texas by about 1p and we just as I pulled into their road my check engine oil light came on. Pretty darn low. burning oil now? I see a new vehicle in my future. what fun. I am parked in Joe's pasture but I have elec and water and I can let the dogs out the door whenever I want to. heaven. I can't use the AC so hopefully I won't need it. The hot water heater worked tonight probably because I have and appt with Camping World on Fri. I was able to work Dually on the same ducks that they will have at the Nationals. We could not not not get them penned. I worked them twice today. I could have worked cattle and sheep but I am going to save them for tomorrow when I am more rested. Dinner tonight at a local restaurant and it was good. I had spare ribs and I have some leftover. Jan and Carol showed up with all their dogs and their friends Donna and Jamie. They talked about the damage to their trailer form avoiding the deer on the way here. It sounds scary. So glad it didn't happen to me because I am sure I would not have tried to swerve and would have just hit the thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment