WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Saturday, March 31, 2012

NO WATER-SAGA OF THE WELL

   On Tues I noticed the water  pressure was a little low, but then I thought I was imagining it. Maybe the shower pressure had always been that way.   You know how that goes.   On Wed when I was filling the water tanks  and it was taking forever I realized that there really was something wrong.  I called the well company to come out on Thurs am . Before they got here, Ed showed up and said he could fix it.  He replaced the holding tank and the control valve and sodered everything back up and still the water pressure wasn't right and that took him until 7pm so I was without water until  Fri when the well guys showed up and fixed the pressure in the holding tank but also isolated a problem at the well head. The  pump was working fine but they could hear a spraying sound near a valve about 6ft down.  I called somebody to bring a backhoe and the well guys left me with a valve replacement.  The guy with the backhoe (Tim) showed up but had no backhoe.  He looked at it and said it needed to be hand dug so that the backhoe didn't create more problems. One guy started about 3:30  and quit at 5.  Not done.  No problem because when the well guys left I had water. When the digger left I watered all the stock and came in the house and had no water. Grrrr.
So I went to my sisters to take a shower and came home and went to bed.
This morning I manually turned on the pump and  it would not fill the tank. Two guys showed up at 8:30 to continue digging. It's 10:30 and they are down to the valve but it looks like the brass valve is attached to a plastic elbow and that is cracked so off they go to get another elbow.   Waiting now for them to get back.

Ok they came back and had to dig more and struggle with the plastic elbow which was frozen in place, which meant another trip to get a sawzall and then Tim put it all together and turned on the pump and nothing.  sh####t.  So Tim came in the cellar and started playing with the flow valve and manually pumping and it finally  kicked on and the tank began to fill so out to the hole we go.  I say it's leaking and he says "
"no it's not "and I say "YES it is , look at the thing dripping'"  So Tim goes down in the hole and starts to tighten the clamps--still leaking--more tightening--still leaking--removes an old clamp from the old line and add that.  TA DA--looks like it's not leaking  --Scary moment because he thought it might be leaking from the brass connector which he couldn't get off.  Yay for me.
\
I had him leave the hole uncovered till Monday and they will come back and  make sure it's still not leaking and fill it in.  At first I said I would do it and then I thought better of it and asked them to do it.  I just dont' need anymore jobs.

The stock got clean fresh water and the ducks are happy in a clean pool and now I am going to do the dishes and comemplate a nice hot loooonnng shower.

2 comments:

  1. I HATE well problems! We're already worried about ours, and it's only April. What is this dry year going to bring for us with wells that need to water stock?!

    ReplyDelete