WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Monday, March 26, 2012

Working a single

  I had to sort off one single wether today and I put him by himself in the duck arena.  I thought what the heck might as well work him.   I took Dare in to see if he could drive him away from the draw without me redirecting him.  It did okay.  Not great  . He seems to come up on the right side of the sheep too far consistently and turn the sucker and then the race is on. I tried to stop him before he got to that point bit anybody who knows Dare knows stop is not really in his vocabulary. If only if only if only...  so we got him up to the other end anyway , not that hard if I redirect him but I want him to  take a line and hold a line without me helping so  much.  I don't think that is too much to ask but obviously it needs more work.

  So while up at the other end I tried to flank him around with a go bye and he just couldn't/wouldn't take it.  I had to get up there and insist.  He holds and holds and holds. But 2 yrs ago, I would have said it was impossible and now I know he can do it , just chooses not to.  But I'm the boss here and I pay all the feed bills so he will do it, maybe not today or tomorrow, but someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment