WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Working dogs

    I worked both the dog today on the very light sheep. Dually worked first and he was gung ho and pushed them on top of them which I told him in no uncertain terms, I didn't like that.  He got more thoughtful.  I actually worked the ADV A course with him and he was very good. I had a little trouble sometiimes getting him to take a flank. He gets sticky and I have to break his concentration to get him to respond. But he did the cone and the Y chute . We had trouble with the Y chute. He maybe was't walking up in the right spot because the sheep kept coming back to me. Not all the way, but not going thru the Y either. And Dare got out there and had them in there in a heartbeat so it was something Dually was or was not doing.  Dare demands and Dually asks sometimes and that could be the difference.

   Dare worked the same stuff and did a great job. He was taking inside flanks like a pro and Downs like a pro . I was really happy with him.   Really happy with both of them.  

Here's a question for everybody, Why is it even when you wash your hands after doing anything with the cows , you still smell like a cow?  geeeezz

No comments:

Post a Comment