WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

BEAR ATTACK

 Today I was woken by a screaming goat at 3am. I did not get up right away because I thought she had her head stuck in a fence but it kept on.  So I got up in my robe and slippers and went out side  to find a goat down and unable to stand. She had bite marks on her neck so something had probably gotten here spinal cord. Everybody else was in a bunch at the top of the corral. I went back and got Edge to go and get them and put them in the barn. They did not seem too upset about the dog being out there which was confusing  because if it was coyote they would have been frantic.  So the flock is locked away and the down goat is not getting up. I dragged a piece of cattle panel over to surround her and protect her till morning. Ha I did not know what i was dealing with. 15 min later and I am back in bed and she starts screaming again.  I go out again in robe and slippers and open the gate by the porta potti and immediately back up and go back into the yard as if that would have helped me if the bear that I just saw wanted to get me too.  Anyway he is trying to pull the goat over my brand new fence and messing up my fence big time so I go out and start throwing stones at him.  duhh am I stupid or what?   Anyway, that does chase him off for  few minutes. I go and get the car and drive down there and drag the goat outside the fence because obviously this thing is not going to leave without his prey.  I also call the police and go back to the house and wait. Goat starts sceaming again and I go out in time to see the bear drag the goat down into the woods in spite of my screaming at him.   I decided rocks were doing nothing and didn't try that route again. Just after he drags her into the woods, a cop shows up but says he's not going after a bear and his pistol would just piss him off anyway.  Great thanks for the help. He said he would report it to the environmental police which is can of worms I did not want opened and he leaves.  So it's 2 hrs later and I can still hear the poor goat screaming in the woods.  I hope it stops soon.

1 comment:

  1. OMG OMG OMG You threw rocks at it ????? I thought bears were vegetarians ?? WTH ?? You've got my adrenalin flowing !!! I won't be visiting any time soon!!! Good Luck. Anything I can do for you from Dudley ???

    ReplyDelete