WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Monday, May 18, 2015

Jem/Kip

  I could not remember the name Jem when I went to call the poor dog and the name Kip kept coming to me so I renamed him again.  Poor dog.  He never really knew the name Jem so it was not a big deal.  Now that he knows me better , I could call him anything and he would come .   He's  a good boy.  I am teaching him clicker stuff.  First I started with the down because his down was so weird. He flop over on his side and duck his head.  I didn't want him on his side so I taught him a prone down and he's got it by golly. Now I am working on sit,stand, stand on a box, turn around the box so he gets some rear foot awareness.  Today I started working on the dumbell and he will get that really quick I think. He's enjoying working with me and wags his stubb contantly.

After lessons today, I worked on the lawnmower again. I found the correct socket to get the screw off and the engine cover open.  I have been spraying it all day with engine cleaner.  My goodness it was full of mouse excrement. I tried to start it and the brand new battery was dead. I think I left the key in the on position. I hope that is what is wrong now.

I sent Edgie out for the livestock and he stopped and looked at me but this time he decided to keep going on his own.  MAJOR BREAKTHRU!!!   Then I worked him in the control pen from outside of it. I wanted to see if he really knew his flanks.  Sometimes he does.  His away inside flank is much better than his go flank.  Not sure why. I realized as I was working him that he is really really weak on his walk up.  So I went in and put him on line and walked him up.  I am going to go read Bob's book tonight because I remember it says a bit about teaching the walk up and obviously I missed something in Edgies training.

2 comments:

  1. Thanx for the name update. I thought you added another dog and I missed the introduction !! Ha !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps I like the name Kip better!!!

    ReplyDelete