WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Thursday, May 7, 2015

Bear update

Yesterday was busy as hell. Lessons all day and then everybody under the sun calling me. I did see the EPA officer and he tracked the bear and goat carcass to out back of the arena. It apparently got caught under a tree and the bear left it. Everybody agreed the bear would be back for it.  It was not  eaten at all. 
  Nat and Joe came and helped me put  some electric around the barn area and then I locked all sheep goats and ducks in the barn only to find them out this moring in the yard between the barn and house. They chewed on my brand new parsley plant amongst other plants they shouldn't be touching.

Mike from Dept of fisheries and wildlife  came today and he helped me put the goat in the tractor and I buried her.  It took me 2 hrs on the damn tractor and If I had been thinking quick or at all I could have had the well guys who came with  a backhoe do the work much more quickly.   He suggested I put some more electric wires up. I will but I am kinda tired today. 

Jem is in the house loose and being a good boy.  He has been lame in the front for a few days and it might be his fence running but it might be something else.  He won't be loose at night though.

1 comment:

  1. Thanx for the update. What are they going to do about the bear ? Nothing ? Be careful and safe "Grizzly Menard"

    ReplyDelete