WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Sunday, January 11, 2015

sheep have arrived!!


The sheep arrived this morning. There are 5 of them. Looks like 2 rams and some ewes. I worked Dually first in the smallish pen. It's probably 100 by 100 and it's got a lot of pricker bushes in there. I dont' want to walk thru them and neither do the dogs. Mostly in one corner, but Lee left me a shovel so maybe I can remove some of them. This pen does not have a gate, but I managed to pull the fence together to close it in for Edgie. Both dogs did a nice job of keeping the livestock on the fence in the drive. I am going to be able to do huge huge outruns here. 40 acres is a lot of land. I guess it's divided in half with a fence and a gate in the middle so looks like more like 20 acre outruns. I can always drive them to the far corner of the 2nd half and send the dog for them. It will be good for both of them. Dually is not sure he can go that far and Edge is absolutely sure he can't.

Here is the initial set up of trailer and car:



1 comment:

  1. Loved the picture. Pictures are always a plus for me. I love the tree. First time seeing the new home away from home too. Nice set up. I would like to see more pictures if possible, especially of the dogs!! Standing by the trailer and looking away pictures too. Pix, Pix and more pix!!!

    ReplyDelete