WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Monday, January 12, 2015

Suburban Herding

Today started out cloudy with the promise of rain. I worked Edge on driving in the small pen and then worked him out in the big field on some outruns. That didn't go very well. I guess I am trying to send him too far too fast. Dually worked on outruns in the big field too and he would not go from my side but did fine when I got in front of him a bit and sent him. His downs were horrible. They got better when he got tired of course. The sheep are perfect for this and great for driving too. Not crazy but will drive easily.

Then I went into town to do laundry only to find out as I open the tailgate that I forgot the laundry so I picked up another movie and went back to the trailer and worked the dogs again before the rain came. It started raining about 1 an it was nice and light and I was sitting under the awning and enjoying it and then it started to get heavier so I went inside. THe forcast did not call for wind so that is why I let the awning out and then the wind started to pick up and I closed it up quick. I dont' want to replace that.

About 5 pm I started to think about putting the sheep away. I could not find them until I looked way out in the back corner way way out, they were there with the cows. There was no way I could send Dually for them because he could not see them and would try and bring cows and sheep so I put him in the car and I took the car down there. It started to rain again about this time so I was happy to be in the car. I got behind them and honked them all the way back to the trailer and let Dually out and he put them away in the dog kennel. I have not seen them drink since they got here so I hope they have done that, but at least the grass has been wet all afternoon and they have been grazing all day.

Tomorrow Lee is going to come over and we are going to work the dogs together. Hope that goes well.

Went to the movies tonight and I saw "Big Eyes" It was ok but the theater was nice. $8.00 for the movies and for $10 more I got huge hot dog,darn big popcorn and a big soda. Great deal comparitively.

No comments:

Post a Comment