WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Saturday, February 14, 2015

Annoyed

   Dually is lame so I am not letting him do anything.  He's annoyed too.

    I am annoyed because the sheep (the 3 I can use) are acting stupid.  They worked better as a group of 5, but 2 ewes have lambs so I only have 3 to work. The ram kept challenging Edge so I sicced him on him. But the ram still is way slower than the other 2 and one of the other 2 keeps jumping out of the working pen back to where the ewes are kept and there is no good gate to do a gate sort so it's not easy to get them separated in the first place. I have no tools to fix the damn fence and it's not my damn fence anyway.  I can't work the cows because they won't work in a small area either and I am not going to get my dogs killed.   So I am starting to think about my own place again.  Maybe someplace with an automatic gate so I can come and go more easily.  Just call  me lazy.

I'm  also annoyed because it's cold and windy  today. frost this morning.

On the other hand, Edge did a nice job of reading the sheep and he took some really nice flanks better than Dually.  Like Dually wont' go into the fence and go around and Edge will. Most days I like  what I see from him but some days he makes me wonder if he is the right dog. Today he is the right dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment