WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

new sheep

I ran down to get a haircut before Lee got here today with the new sheep. He told me mid day but at 9 am he was calling to find out where I was.  I got the haircut but missed the farmers market. I will have to make it a point to go to the Thurs Farmers market.

So back  in time to see Lee putting the new sheep in the pen that I had built  and he did it very easily.  He worked his young dog Sissy for a little while. She is a strong header so he is having some trouble with driving. Not sure how much help he really wants from me. He's going to come over tomorrow so Dually can do a big outrun. 

After he left , I went back out and got some shelves at Lowes for the pantry in the trailer and to reorganize the shelves.   Also checked the post office for the DVD's on training that I am waiting for.  Still waiting...  Back to the trailer and worked the dogs.

I was very quiet and deliberate with them.  I worked Dually on whistles and worked his down on balance mainly.  Trying to get him to see there is a reason for a down.  His flanks on the drive are terrible.  He is not squaring them off at all and it's creating  a problem on the drive.  Not sure how to fix it.  My whistles are getting better.


Edge worked on outruns , balance and pace.  I tried to send him from my side but he kept cutting in so I walked towards the sheep which widened him out at the top.   He had some trouble with one of the ewe lambs.  I think this lamb has not been worked much at all.  It kept lying down and quitting.  So we quit and left it alone.  I just think it needs to be worked some more to get used to it.

I called Dish tonight and got them to program the local channels which I have been living without for months.  Just kept watching reruns of Chopped and  HGTV.  Watching " The Voice" tonight. 



No comments:

Post a Comment