WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Recovery day

Yesterday was recovery day and you would think I would have slept late but Noooooo I woke up at 5:30 and could not get back to sleep so I puttered all morning and then took a nap and then the phone rang and it was the guy that had reported the sheep to us so I had to make arrangements to pay him his reward money. Well at least we got the sheep back.

Coyote is wandering around the pasture this am. We did have a new calf yesterday so perhaps he is looking for that.

Son on with yesterday, I did a laundry, groceries, found my bank down here, and then went out and bought a couple of bales of hay since I could no longer turn the sheep out without watching them constantly. So the sheep did not get fed until 5pm and they were in the dog kennel most of that time. I had turned a couple of ewes out to graze and left the rest in. They are less likely to leave if some are locked up and some are not. But when I brought the hay into them, I was going to leave it in the middle of the pen and let them all out for a while but the damn bull jumped the fence and started pushing them out of the way to eat the hay. I had go in and scare the bull out who promptly jumped back in. At that point I picked up all the hay and put it in the dog house which is attached to the dog kennel and put the sheep back in there. The bull was chased away by Dually and I went back in the house.

BTW---We lost 5 sheep but we recovered 6

No comments:

Post a Comment