WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Thursday, February 12, 2015

Penning

Today I got up and going early. But the first thing I saw was a new calf in the pasture and then I went over to let the sheep out and there was a new set of twins. a cute spotted boy and a white girl. They are doing well. I was out of the pasture by 9am. I went to Tractor Supply to figure out how to build a makeshift pen. They did not have what I thought I wanted so I decided to go in a different more traditional direction. so I bought an 8 ft gate and some 4 ft u-posts. I had to get short ones because the only way I can get them in the ground is with a hammer. Next year I will bring my pole pounder and anything else I can think of.

I went from Tractor Supply to Rural King and I bought my stuff there. Off to the Farmers market.  they had a lot of vendors and I bought some really yummy orange blossom honey..

Home again and I set up my pen.  It was not hard to set up so should be easy to move if I need to and I am sure I will need to move it.  Dually did a great job getting the sheep in the pen.  I really had to insist on the out but I " finally" got him where I wanted him.  We just did it once and had a party. He was quite pleased with himself.

All Edge got to do was to put the sheep away tonight, but that was really good because he had to take flanks quite a distance from me.  Edge was not feeling well last night and I so hate that because my thoughts immediately go to 'What did he eat? and was it poisoned vomit from the coyote.  Apparently not, he is fine tonight.

Forced myself to go to the Spin class.  I did better .  Inch by inch. pedal by pedal

Right from Spin class, I went to the movies and saw " Black Sea".  It was suspenseful.

No comments:

Post a Comment