WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

AHBA DAY 1



Dare was first in the arena and it was course 2 . We had a nice outrun lift and fetch and the brought them to the cone a little round about, but we made the cone and had a little trouble getting the sheep off of me but we made the drive  panels and then the turn to the corner  panels.  I had some trouble getting them thru the corner panels, alittle back and forth and then we did it and on to the free standing pen. I had them lined up  perfectly but we had to go step by step and ease them  in. It seemed to take forever.  On to the repen, which was a gate sort and there was so much talk about not slamming sheep iin the gate that  I allowed them all to go in so lost a bunch of points. I was very happy with the way he worked today. Dare got  4th place 74-update not we didn’t’ Q because she took 15 pts off at the gate sort. 

Dually  had a lousy outrun  and ran right up the middle and then regathered them and brought them to the cone. Nice around the cone and  the drive to the panels was nice, but we missed them  and I elected to move on.  He had them lined up perfectly at the corner panels and then dove in.  (too much pressure).    I had trouble at the free standing pen.  Too much movement on his part and too fast. Finally we got them in and did a decent gate sort.  Dually got 1st place  84. And his HTAD3sheep title. That was also RHIT. 

And then in HTAD3d he got 2nd place . He did a nice job and didn’t even try to bite any of them. But  we were quickly excused in HTD3d after a nice outrun.  He blew in and tried to eat the damn runners.  They ran to the fence and he didn’t like that at all.

It’s  almost tshirt weather here during the day and then it gets darn cold at night.  I have a propane tank that is leaking and of course it’s the only one with propane so I used it last night. I could smell propane inside this am. I am going to try and fix that tonight. It’s a bit unnerving.

Out to dinner tonight at Cracker Barrel and home ready for bed at 8pm.  Puppy is trying to destroy Dually’s new toys.  Already one toy is in the trash and he’s working on number 2.
I got the Tv all set up and the antenna is up and I actually have a station to watch.  “It takes a Thief “ with Good ole Robert Wagner in his much younger days.
 duck arena
 duck arena showing close proximity of the pond
 the 1/2 acre pond beyond which is the A course
Kelly has invited me to stay a least one extra day and we will work dogs.  I think I will  definitely stay thru Monday and then go to Alabama.

No comments:

Post a Comment