WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Sunday, December 9, 2012

TRIAL DAY 2




  Dare had a decent run on goats.  We could not get the center pen and then one goat got caught behind the repen and he would not release it with his eye.  Roger was telling me what to do from the outside but I let Dare get too close and he still held it.  Finally he got pissed and went in and bit it and then we repenned them.
Dually started out a little hot ,b ut I got right on him and ran down the field. We got them thru 1 and 2 nicely but  on the center pen had trouble getting them in.  I walked out a number of times to out him and to make him take a square flank. Once I did that , he was much better about squaring off. Only got 1 goat in and then repenned them. 
I was working on calm quiet work with no yelling and I succeeded.
Dually had a decent duck run and got 3 in the center pen and no yelling or biting.
Dare had a bad duck set and we couldn’t get them anywhere and finally repenned the little B*tds. Poor Dare, I really thought he was going to have a good run.   Lunch now and then another duck trial and 2 cattle trials and this means we will be trialling in the dark again.
Dare’e 2nd duck run was really nice.  Bing bang boom,right around 1 and 2 and then I got them off the fence by using the away to me and HE put them in the center pen.  Good dog Dare.
Dually’s 2nd duck run –can’t remember
Dare ‘s 1st cattle run-They re both having trouble gathering the cattle. They both want to rush in and stir things up .  I am running in but I can’t stop them from doing it from the center pen. I can’ t get there in time.  He got them around 1 and 2 fine and then a perfect setup for  the center pen and he over flanked or something. We got them in the opening (all 3) and they just stopped there.  I switched sides with Dare and put him behind and he got them in.  Then at the repen, he was holding them but he was too close and it was an issue getting him to release and repen. Not too bad, but I had to get in his face with my stick and insist.
Dually’s  1st cattle run was almost like Dare’s at the start where he runs in to create havoc and then nicely puts then thru 1 and 2 and sets up for the center pen but kept overpushing which caused a little calf to be flighty. We never got them in and I repenned them.
Now it’s raining and it’s 4pm and we still have the 2nd cattle trial to go. Not just sprinking either, but pouring now.
Rain stopped and Dually’s 2nd cattle run. I sent him 15 ft and stopped him and sent him again and stopped him so he walked in quietly on them but they turned on him and were hard to get started without a bite.  He dove In on them of course and didn’t hold pressure but got them moving , We had to daylight 1 and then they came out on the cross drive and we had to daylight 2 also.  I got some in the center pen  and  the repen was okay I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment