WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

DAY AFTER TRIAL AND ON THE ROAD AGAIN



Kelly treated a bunch of us to dinner last night.  We went to a steakhouse and I had a crab and lobster chowder and a margarita.  Both were good.   Great warm bread too.  Good conversation and fun.  I enjoyed myself.  That was Kelly Martin from Finley Vue farm.  Very nice trial location and other breed friendly.
This morning I was up at 5:30. I think the puppy peed in his crate because I was ignoring him.  Note to self: Pay attention when the pup is crying.   I was not really up at that time just awake.  We went out around 8 I would guess and I worked Dually and Dare on the whole flock on driving and they both did awesome work.  I got good distance on both of them and nice control on their parts.  They Kelly came out and worked a nice collie of his. She had a lot of interest and drive.   We sorted out some call ducks to work the pup on too.  But first we took all of my dogs and some of his out to run around the ½ acre pond. They ran around and around and went in the pond when they got hot or tired. The pup ran around once but when he couldn’t catch the big dogs he stayed by us and tried to catch them as they ran by us.  Dare and Dually and Kelly’s 2 BC’s swam out and tried to catch the lone call duck that had escaped from the duck arena and flown over the fence(just like at the trial).  They got really close but the duck was just teasiong them.  I think  they had a great time.
I got on the road around noon and went to the nearest truck stop and was able to dump my tanks for only $5 because I am some sort of Pilot member. I can’t remember what I signed up for but it gives me discounts at Pilot stations.  I left the water tank full because I wanted to see how it pulled with a full tank and if the gas mileage was different . It seemed the same .
I found a state park to stay at tonight. It’s going to be very quiet. Not trucks or cars going by.  No tv service and I couldn’t get the wifi at the park office to work for me. So I unhooked the truck and we went out to Starbucks so I could get caught up on email. Not much email to catch up on.

I think I may have figured out how to cure Edge’s barking and crying when I first start the car. I used my water bottle on him and that seemed to get his attention.  It wouldn’t bother me but I know it’s scaring Dare to death. He hated noise when he knows I don’t like it.
I don’t think I am very far away from my next stop which will be Dothan Al. Probably no internet there either.

No comments:

Post a Comment