WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Dog Training

This morning I walked over to the barn(all of 100ft) and worked with 2 golden retreivers.  They are both dumb as posts and they need to retrieve.  I used cut up chicken on one and she is only going to get fed when I work her and at no other time.  I got her to reach for the piece of hose.  A lot of work has already been done on these dogs but they need some tweaking.  The other dog,   I worked on down.  Some how they have been only lured to be in position so when I said down this dog just sat there, time after time after time.  I must  have stepped on the rope 50 times and she still didnt' do it.  I did it with the first dog who was getting it better than this one who is supposed to be smarter and more motivated. Hmmm

Going to get a hose adapter so I can have direct water into the camper.  I am also going to find a CVS and buy a sunpass for the turnpike. Maybe go find Costco to look at mattresses.
I got the hose adaptor and the sunpass and I found a cheap and comfortable mattress locally.  it was $289 and when I said I was going to look other places , he knocked it down to $219. It worked for me at $289 so I guess I will go b ack and buy it at $219.  Should have it tomorrow and then maybe my back will feel better.

I worked Blondie,Joy and Bella again.  Joy made progess on the down but I sure had to let her know there was no alternative.  Blondie reached and held the hose and Bella seemed to go backwards a bit although she was grabbing less on the end and reaching a little more for the middle of the hose.

And then I brought Dare out on Norma's sheep and there was a real strong draw at one end of the field(very small field)but the held the pressure and pused then up the other end. Several times he had to back up and cover to keep then moving towards that end. Nice work

Now I am going to go out and do a house drive by and see what it looks like close up.

2 comments:

  1. Lol, I thought goldens were suppose to be brilliant ?! I guess things are slower in the south. Glad you're enjoying your trip !! Looks like winter will arrive this weekend. Blah

    ReplyDelete