WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

working dogs

I worked both dogs this am.  I am trying to sharpen up the inside flanks.  Dare can do them beautifully unless his eye gets hooked on the sheep and then instead of squaring off he walks in and floats left or right.  He only dove in on the sheep once.

Dually worked them for the first time today.  He walks up so nicely and he was trying to hold the line but gets into following . He gets caught on the eye too and so I worked his square inside flanks.  I also need to work on sending him from a distance and not letting him stop and walk in after a few steps.  He will go around but sometimes it takes some convincing but when he does, he is spot on.  nice lift and lovely fetch and a nice present to me.

I have a new piece of property to look at today.  It has a mobile home on it but more than 2 acres and it says it is fenced already.  It's 14 miles from here, but on good roads.

Just send an entry for an ASCA trial in Feb.  3 days of Farm trials and 2 Days of arena trials. I hoping to finish myOFTDds and maybe my AFTDds, I 'm not entering the cattle farm trial.

Peaches got to play on the agility field today. She barked and barked at me. I had the jumpts at 16 and tried to stop her from going on the dog walk. She pays little attention to how she gets on and wants to go full force but doesn't have the same control of her body as she used to .  She is a lot slower too.   I guess at 12 she should be slower. She could still beat many of them out there.

I went to look at another piece of property 2+  acres with a mobile home on it , small barn and nice sized garage.  The property is fenced and  I liked it. 

I  worked 5 assistance dogs tonight.

Blondie was actually reaching for the dumbell
Ashley was being made to lie down and stay there.
Bella is still working the retrieve
Joy worked on quick response to commands
and Lady worked on everything and she is darn quick(mixed breed)

Sorry about pictured but there is something wrong with the connection when I try to download and it's pointless. I need a new laptop.

No comments:

Post a Comment