WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

It's been 2.5 weeks since Dare passed

I miss him a lot but he was a small presence in the house and I mainly miss him when I go out to work the livestock and he always sorted for me. I am using Dually and Edge and it's fine. Not the same but fine. Today I worked both dogs twice. I had a clinic with George Muehlheim from Ohio Sun and Mond and we were able to work on the problems I have been having with Dually. Mainly just stuff I have let go like Stops, outs and back ups. I've been having problems with penning at trials because he was spiraling in and so I hope I have the skills back to fix that. Anyway, I worked both Edge and Dually on that and then I worked Edge on driving too. Edge was funny. When I had him drive from my right side I had a hard time getting him out of a walk this morning, but tonight he was much better on that side. Dually was much better on his outs but his back ups were very difficult so I took them inside and worked them with the clicker and cookies. He understands back up but just doesn't want to do it when he's on the livestock. Keep trying. Rain today and tomorrow so hopefully I can get training in between the raindrops.

No comments:

Post a Comment