WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Monday, June 6, 2016

Barn Hunt

I spent all day at a barnhunt yesterday.  Dually had 2 senior runs and Edge had 2 Master run.  In Dually's first run he found 2 rats and started to paw at a tube.  I was waiting to see more commitment and the judge told me I had to call it or call him off. I was thrown off guard and I called it and it was just a tube.   Ok Hmmm on to the next run.  4 rats and we are looking hard.  He finds the first 3 and we are searching for the last one and he finally finds it and I call it with 1/10 of a second to spare. 16 dogs in that class and only 3 q'd and none in the first class. I wonder if there was something wrong with the hay.
 Edge found 3 rats in his class and I kept looking and we timed out.  My Bad. The 2nd class he found 3 rats and I know he had covered the whole area so I said Clear and we were right!  Got a leg.  Edge is very accurate.  I found this weekend that I need to stay back and not point or ask anything. If I ask if it's a rat then they both assume I know what I am talking about and pounce out it. So I am leaving it totally  up to them and that worked a lot better.  I did not stay for awards and got home at 9 pm anyway. 

Not sure when the next trial will be

No comments:

Post a Comment