WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Friday, October 14, 2011

ASCNE TRIAL

 We needed a get your head out of your ass and get to work God today to help Dare on sheep. I don't know where his head was at,but it wasn't on working sheep.  The water in the arena was everywhere and the sheep were not cooperative, but we got them up to panel 1 and then Dare lost interest and started to wander around while the sheep did the cross drive themselves and then I got him back to me and sent him on a big gobye to bring the sheep thru panel2 .  He did  and he went into hyperdrive and turned them to me at the center pen  and then sorta got lost again.  I couldn't get the gate open fast enough so the sheep were sort of holding it half open . I had to walk around the pen and push the sheep myself so I could get the gate open.  He just stood there holding his side, but it honestly felt like he was not mentally in the game.  I felt I could have penned them without him and I'm sure the judge felt the same way.   I was embarassed by the run even though people outside thought it was great.  Hmmm not sure what they were watching.


But his first run of the day was on cattle and he really was turned on.  He was truly working cattle the way they needed to be worked and I was in awe. He was hitting heads on one and when he turned that one he started on the next one. The only problem was that he was really working for himself and not really for me. Still I was impressed.

Dare's duck run was ok, Not perfect and we had a bit of trouble at the center pen but we got them all in and repenned.  I didn't stay for awards.

Dually was horrible on cattle. Hitting the heads and turning them and not bringing them anywhere. I retired the run.  His Sheep run was impossible. The group of sheep we had got caught 3 times in the corner of panel 1 and wouldn't go thru the opening because of the water.  He held the pressure about 10 ft away but every time I asked him to walk up 1 step more , he blew.  Nonetheless, when I called That'll do he came and didnt' blow thru once.  So I retired him too.

His Duck run was pretty good. Cant' remember details. Got the center pen.

No comments:

Post a Comment