WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Farm Trial

  The Farm Trial was last Sat and the sheep entries were full and the duck entries were not.  I was worried about the course I had set out , but almost everyone qualified and did very well with the sheep. There was only one running sheep incident and that was with crazy legs who has to be worked gently anyway.  No crashing sheep and the rule about knocking off pumpkins on the fenceposts made people more aware of going thru the gates thoughtfully.

The first run was a little hairy until the stock handlers figured out the best way to do it and kept the dogs back there to a minimum. They ended up doing a fantastic job. Laura,Nat and Kathy.

The duck trial was fun and funny.  We had to do a duck sort which was not as easy as I had anticipated.  And the ribbon pull on the ducks was downright hard. Especially since the ducks would not keep the ribbons on. By the time I got to the ribbon pull , I only had one duck with a ribbon so he was my choice. I nearly fell over the chute to get the ribbon off. Hopefully no pics were taken.

It went very well over all and I think eveybody enjoyed themselve. Dare finished his Open FTDs title and the boys both  got their first Open FDTd legs.

I think I would do it again. It was more fun than an arena trial.

No comments:

Post a Comment