WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Heavy snowstorm update

 This has just been not good!  October is not supposed to be a snow month and with all the leaves on the trees , it created a  huge huge problem.  The amount of tree and line damage is extensive.  I am still without elect. day 4 , but I purchased a generator and that is keeping me warm and the frig cold.  Unbelievably, the internet and phone lines are working. If you saw what the lines looked like you wouldn't believe anybody had service. Yesterday they finally cleared the road so that it wasn't like driving thru a maze of downed branches and wires. It's not completely clear but it's way better.

Oh ya , no water here either. Fortunately the sheep are eating a lot of snow so I haven't yet had to take them to the swamp to drink.  I used the tractor to pull buckets of water up to the house  from the swamp pond to flush the toilet and then I figured out how to catch the runoff of the roof which is 1. closer to the house and 2. cleaner water.

Last night I watched a movie on the computer thru netflix.  The problem with no elec is you can't do anything. You can't clean, or cook or fix anything. You are really dead in the water and the town still has no elec either. I mean main st.  Walmart has been closed for 4 days. Can you imagine? There are a couple of DunkinDonuts open but they are on the way to Southbridge which is okay because daily I drive out and try to find out who and what has electricity.  I also have to go to Southbridge to use the hotel to shower. My sister has a gym membership there and I am using her card to get in and shower.  I can also use the pool or hot tub, but I haven't done that yet.  I was just too tired to do that stuff the other night. I need a shower this am , but I have somebody coming to look at lambs .   I need to sell the lambs more than I need a shower.

The temp has been below freezing every night and that isn't helping either. I have 6-8in of snow on the ground in some areas and I need to have it melted so I can give lessons this weekend.  There is also a trial on Sunday that my sheep are going to . I hope her arena is cleared out or those collies are going to be mad.

No comments:

Post a Comment