WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Monday, November 28, 2011

Day 2 ends in the rain--580 miles today!!

   I woke up at 4:45 and I had set my alarm for 5 so what the heck.   I wanted to get on the road before the Harrisburg morning traffic . I had trouble getting the sewer pipe unhooked from the trailer so I was out there at 6 am banging away on it with a wrench.  My neighbors must have loved that. It took me a while but I never give up!! Almost never.  Dogs fed walked and mostly pooped out. lol

I finished up yesterdays book on cd and started another one.  This one is about a family tracking some old family history , but it really about a slave's life and what could have happened to her. It's very engrossing.  I listed to 5 tapes today before I finally shut it off to concentrate on driving .  I hit traffic in Charlotte NC and it started to rain at the same time. Once it rains, I'm done.  It Was 4:30 anyway so I pulled in at the next KOA.  My friend Laura wanted me to pull into a Walmart campground and stay there, but not without water and elec.  I need my internet fix every night.

So driving today was good, but more traffic than I anticipated. I guess maybe the south is just getting more populated so it's almost like driving up north. Not quite but sometimes.

Nothing eventful happened today although Peaches did find a big piece of chicken that somebody had thrown out at a rest stop. bones and all. And then she found a pb and J sand.   Pig.

It's supposed to rain heavily tonight which will be nice to go to sleep to.

The people I hit yesterday went to the hospital and are claiming back and neck injuries.  Welll.... Maybe but they were fine yesterday.

I did finally get  a call from my friend Norma in StCloud Fl and I am definitely going to go see here and I can stay at her house too which is good. Still no confirmation for the trial this weekend so maybe I am not going to trial but will find some places to train which is fine with me. It will cost me a lot less!!

No comments:

Post a Comment