WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Saturday, April 25, 2015

FIRE

Fire  arrived today at 4:30.  He licked my fingers from inside the crate and I had no trouble taking him out of the crate and getting a leash on him at the airport.  I liked the way he looked right away. He moves like Royal and has a short coat like him, but  his blaze is more even.  He is very sweet and confused. He and Edge got along ok and then I let Cash out and no fights but it was a very short period. As soon as I saw him start to run the fence line looking for a way out, I grabbed him up and put him in the  house. It was almost like he was panicked which I guess he could have been. I will have to keep a close eye on him. I don't think he is micro chipped.

I took him on leash to the sheep fence and called the sheep  up. He spooked backwards at that and then would not walk up to a goat on the fence. Hmmm not good. I  hope he has more to him than what I saw tonight.  I can't see this dog working cattle but maybe I am wrong.

Tonight he is in a crate in the living room whining a little bit, but I'm sure that will stop and if it does not I will move him upstairs to a crate next to me.  Just easier having him downstairs right now.

I worked Cash today for the first time and he did a nice job.  Fairly sensitive but good interest.  I worked Edge too on driving the sheep around me. He did better than he did a week ago, not sure whybut I'll take it.  Dually did not get to work today so tomorrow for sure.

I had 2 lessons in the am and then 2 more newbies scheduled neither one of which showed up. One said sorry she forgot and the other is not responding to my email. 

House appraiser will be over this week for this house and for the Fla house the inspection is Monday.

1 comment: