WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Gave up

Although I  admit I am very talented, the landscaping project is maybe too much for me or maybe I am getting lazy.  I called Tim and he has the time to come over and do the job now.   So he said he would start this week and he had a good idea about the stairs and tying in the natural stone at the bottom. We butted heads  when I said I did not want the natural stone level with the ground but he may be right.  I dont' think so though.  He talked me into not using the landscape timbers so I have to take them back to Home Depot, but I hadn't yet unloaded them from the car. If I had they would be staying here.  That's ok because I can get some more wood for the other set of shutters that I need to make.  whooo whoo.    So he "said" he was going to bring the backhoe over this week and start this for me.  I really caught him at the right time or he feels guilty about putting me off for a year. Either way I win.

This morning when I woke up before I got dressed, I started to sand my counter where tin cans have left rings on it.  They were really bothering me. Now I have to go get some cheesecloth and refinish the spots.  Of course there was a ring on every section so I can't try the beeswax finish anywhere until it dries for another month.  I might have Bill do a poly finish on the island he built for me.  I am waiting to hear from him and we can discuss when he comes over. Here is the island in it's unfinished state.  I still need to find some stools to go with it.


2 comments:

  1. Going it alone is really tough!! How did you get can rings on the island???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didnt' say the island. Can rings on the countertop.

    ReplyDelete