WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Monday, June 1, 2015

cold and rainy today

mid 40's I think. I had to start the pellet stove back up or I would have been very chilly today. 
  I was feeling bad for the sheep that had to be out in the arena today so I dragged a big white tarp out there and hung it over the free standing pen  to give then someplace to go when it started to pour.  Not sure if they used it because I didn' t hang around. 

The baby goats who get cold fast were allowed in the barn today and I left the gates open so they could go out and graze at their leisure.  Tonight I put them in the barn and I dragged up a bale of hay from the stock trailer and gave them some hay to chew on.  After I locked them in , it started to pour but I was determined to get some more shelter up for the sheep for when I brought them into the barn yard for the night.  They have one calf hut but I think the 2 goats hog it.  So I pulled a 4by 8 sheet of heavy heavy plastic off the control pen and hung it from the barn to the calf hut to give them someplace else to go besides under the ladders hung on the side of the barn.  Hope they are smart enough to use it tonight because it is not nice out there.  I got soaked and so did the dogs. So we all came in and they are all in crates and I took a hot shower and now I am off to bed.  I got my pillow out of the trailer finally so maybe I can sleep better.

No comments:

Post a Comment