WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Sunday, May 31, 2015

Today Edge wins the prize for Best Dog

I went out this morning with a dog because the baby kids were in the barn and I am trying to keep them separate from the older goats because they are too attached and dont' work well.So thinking it should be a quick job I ran out there in shorts and a  tshirt. 
First I took Dually out and ran the adults out into the arena and locked them out there.  I then came back and let the babies out of the barn. We took the babies into the control pen and out the other side to take them to the pasture on the side of the house.   Mosquitos are starting to find me.  Dually gets them to the gate and then one goes in and he goes in after it and the others run back to the control pen. This happens a number of times. IN the meantime I am swatting and dancing and waving my arms around and still trying to get him to do what he is supposed to do. They go around and around the pile of wood and finally I give up.

I put Dually back and get Edge out.  He goes in and takes them out of the control pen where they had all gone back to and brings them up to the gate where again they do not want to go in. He holds them and 4 go in and one stands in the doorway.  I tell him to get him and he reaches up and nips the little bugger who promptly turns and jumps into the pasture. The difference is that Edge bites and stands there while Dually bites makes them move and goes around and brings them right back to where I don't want them.   Finally I can close the gate and we can go back in the house away from the mosquitos.  Thank you Edgie. 

1 comment: