WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Monday, August 22, 2011

upcoming trials

Ok it's fallish and I have got to train my dogs.  I have been giving so many lessons lately that I have neglected my own  dogs training.  So sorry some of my non regular students, you aren't going to get any time that you want this fall.

So I went out this am and worked on going from Panel 1 to panel 2.  I want to teach Dare to go to the fence when I flank him up there so he is not always trying to run after the tails of the sheep when  they bolt thru the panels.  If I flank him to the fence and stop him and then flank him again to the fence , the sheep should stop and stare at him wondering what he is doing and then we should have a great set-up for the center pen or chute.  It was hard for Dare even though I was using the broke sheep.  He didn't even want them thinking about breaking into a trot.  And they just moved away and put their heads down to graze. He is so worried they are going to run. I might play with this with the goats who will stand more still I think.

Dually needs pen work apparently.  I had a tough time penning the sheep because he either would not flank when I asked him or he was too close. It was mostly not moving that was killing us.  He is a bit sticky.  I think he is sticky when he is unsure what we are doing.  He just needs more work.

Then I hooked up the travel trailer and put it down by the road , but I don't have a for sale sign for it yet.
Spent about 4 hrs moving manure with the tractor and spreading it on the arena.  It's almost all cleaned up and ready for this years  hay which will be  coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment