WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Monday, February 27, 2012

Cows

    Dare's eyes bugged out of his head when he saw the calves in the back of the truck.  You could see him saying over and over OMG " There are cows in here!" "my cows" "my cows" "my cows" " I wonder if I get to bite them?""my cows" "Yay"

 Ed came over and unloaded them for us. They weigh about 90lbs I would say.  And then we banded the little suckers(thanksErin).  And then I taught them how to drink milk out of a bucket(not hard) and they settled in for the night. I haven't been out there yet this am and they are in their calf huts. I hope they aren't cold .They kinda looked cold last night but darn it they are cows and they better get used to it. NO cow coddling here.

So I bought 2 bull calves and left the heifer there, but will get a 3rd next time he calves.  I bought them from a farmer in Norther Mass almost into Vt so it took us a while to get there and back and we had to stop on the way and "borrow" a calf hut from one of Amy's friends which is why my back hurt last night. Those suckers are heavy and we had to pull it out from under sombody's porch and load it onto the back of a pickup. It's where the calves rode on the way home.


No comments:

Post a Comment