WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

cows

    Well I caved and moved them to the barn. Cupid and George appear to be cold in the calf huts and I know there is not much bedding so they are almost on bare ground.  Too cold for little babies and I'd rather they not die in the first week.

So you might ask how to move 2 baby cows that don't lead and weigh a lot.  Just use a bucket of milk and apparently they will follow you into the wolves den.  It wasn't the wolves den , just the barn but it was dark and I thought they would be afraid but they could only think of the milk.  In a couple of weeks they are going to be able to knock me over to get to it. This morning George hit my hand and ended up with milk splashed all over his head. He didnt' care, but I dumped a bucket of water  on him to wash him off anyway. I figured it would dry up in clumps or turn sour.

The dogs are still interested but not crazy over them.  Cow poop Mmmm


No comments:

Post a Comment