WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Mikey Mikes

  So  we went to have an ultrasound this am because my vet Annie said he has a heart murmur and a thready pulse and some other sound.  The ultrasound vet said  he was too uncomfortable on his side and so  he could not do the ultrasound unless he anesthetized him and he wouldn't do that because of the heart sounds . He said it would be too risky.  He did  say that he was uncomfortable on his side because he has fluid around his heart in the pericardium.    Annie thinks he has a possible heart tumor . She offered to drain his fluid but then it would probably come back and it would be risky anyway because he would have to be put out to do that.

Bottom line is he is going to die of an unknown heart problem and she said it won't be pretty.  Hopefully he will be able to tell me ahead of time that he is ready to go.  Right now he is still bright  and semi lively and eating. When he stops eating  I will know. (sigh)

1 comment:

  1. Oh, drat. I am sorry to hear about Mikey's heart. I hope he continues to feel well for now.

    ReplyDelete