WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Thursday, October 4, 2012

clinic and trial

Geez Joan, give me a break

I had a clinic here on Thurs and Fri and then the AHBA trial on Sat and Sun and then another day of clinic on Monday and then everybody left on tues and the washing machine broke.

I didn't work a dog in the clinic much.  I worked Dually once on cows and the pup  got turned loose on the cows. That was scary, but he was fine.  He was quiet and totally unconcerned with their size. He worked them better than the cute little duckies we had him on.  He went around and tried to fetch them and worked at keeping them together. Very cute.  He did much better on the ducks too. There were 4 but Turq was working them too to keep Edge interested and the ducks split and Edge took two and Turq took 2 and Edge   worked them all over the duck arena and kept them right to me.  And  he was thoughtful and quiet and no yahoo.  Nice.

The trial went very well . We had about 60 entries on Sat and a few less on Sunday.  The stock worked well and the judges were very nice and supportive. I think everybody had fun and I would like to do another one in the spring.  I also sent the paperwork to become a judge in to the AHBA.  I will be the only one in New England.  And that does not mean I will judge a lot because I dont' think I will.
]
So I went to do laundry after everybody left and the machine would not work. Repairman came and said it wasn't worth fixing and I bought a newer used one from him and will buy the matching dryer tomorrow. What the heck.

I started a noseworks class tonight with Peaches. She can find food anywhere.  I think it will be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment