WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Saturday, October 20, 2012

duck work

 I worked the dogs today and they did ok on ducks.  I worked on Dare's trip from the hold pen to the crossdrive again.  He was a little off and not working as well as normal I thought.

Dually was going to do his own thing today but I decided he had to do what I said.That slowed him down and made him think a bit. We worked on short flanks and stopping on command.

Then I got to work Betty's puppy Ava.  What a nice puppy.  Very responsive and keen and quick but sensible and not too  sensitive.  I also worked Fios and helped Betty see where he was pushing on her and not giving at all. He can be hard to work because he doesn't take kindly to anyone telling him how to do it, if it doesn't match with what he wants to do.  He will kind of sulk, but I always say ,  Too bad buddy suck it up and keep working, it's your job not  mine.

Edge is in his crate chewing on a nice marrow bone with the marrow removed right now. Lots of marrow in those bones.  I took  it all out and froze it separately so they can all have bones next week when I am not feeling up to much.

No comments:

Post a Comment