WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Monday, July 1, 2013

Summer Camp

  I had a memory come back to me today when I was listening to an ad on the radio about a summer camp. The memory must be from about  53 yrs ago.  I was at a summer day camp and we were doing a walk thru the woods on some sort of path and identifying plants.  I remember that I enjoyed learning about the plants and mushrooms and mosses. Funny how those things get hidden away for so many years and then resurface.

Busy darn day.  I had 2 lessons in the am and one of them required me to be very active. Then I decided to take the trailer down and get new tires.  Well, nothing is ever easy.  I had to close the whole thing up, undo all the hoses and extension cords etc.  In order to close it up, you have to push in the slider in the front.  Normally that is not too hard but I parked on a bit of a slope and the 1000lb slider  could not be budged by me alone.  Of course, there was no one else around today.  At first I thought if I pulled the tractor up close and got in the bucket and pushed with my feet then I could close it, but the bucket is not at all comfortable to sit in and once I got it up , I did not know how I was  going to get in it. So, being the mother invention, I just used the bucket on the tractor to push it shut.  It worked very neatly and I didn't wreck anything.

I took it down to the tire dealership and dropped it there. Back in the car to pick up tile for the porch.  Probably 700 lbs or more and then up to my sisters to see if I could help her at all.  Tire people call and back to the tire place for a mere $350, I have 3 new tires and they used the spare for the 4th.  Then from there I drove it gingerly because of the extra weight of the tiles to the RV place to get the leak fixed.  That will cost less than $500 and hopefully will be done by the weekend when I need it.

Came home and worked Dare and Dually on the cows.  The cows worked much better because of the clinic work last week.  I worked in the big field and did some fetching and driving. One cow is kinda of a kicker and neither dog wanted to work her.

1 comment: