WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Friday, April 4, 2014

Cows got worked

I gave 1 lesson this morning and then I took the dogs out back to work the cows. I tied 2 to the fence and worked Dare, but I need to remember to work Dually first. He gets squirrely when I work Dare first. Not sure why. Dare separated 3 off and we took them to the smaller pen inside the arena and worked them back and forth sending Dare to the heads to turn them and trying very hard to get him to take a heel. He wouldn't do it. We took them out into the arena and put them in the take pen while we went to get the other 3 cows. He got kicked doing something stupid but he's fine. We worked them for a while and I put Dare up and got Edge. Edge has so little training on him that I thought I would work him on a line but that only lasted 30 sec and I took it off. Too much stuff. Edge did very well. He only ran a cow into me once and I did no fall down so no harm no foul. He took a heel when he needed to and was a little hasty on heads, but he needs some more work. I was very pleased with him. Dually was next and he worked ok in the small pen until he pressured one and it jumped the little panels and then he had to go get it and he was just not listening to me. That happens when I work Dare first for some reason. gotta remember to work him first and then Dare. Starting to pick up the farm . Some of the tarps are still frozen into the ground but I got a few up. Hopefully I will have a work party this sunday and see what we can get done.

No comments:

Post a Comment