WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Monday, April 14, 2014

Dare and his cows

Dare didn't get to work yesterday so I let him work today. at first when I sent him to go get all 13 cows, I thought he was going to do it, but then he started to bring me one at a time. No way buddy. I had to keep sending him back and he was not happy about it. A time or 2 I had to toss a hose in his direction to convince him that he better go get them all. I finally got them all in the take pen and I sorted off 5 and then another 3 and I worked the remaining 5. I took them to the pen that we will have to sort out 2 first. I could not get the 2 that I wanted. But I got 2 in there and then put them all in and took them out again. I worked them up the fenceline and turned them and brought them back down. He has to work hard to keep them together and not running across the arena. They want to go home to the hay all the time. He worked hard and was tired. He had to HIT one of them a couple of times. Unfortunately , when he hits he won't hit the heels. He used to hit the hocks but now he bites the belly and jumps the hell out of the way. Sure makes them move though. Just a little scary for both of us I think. I worked on some trial paperwork today. I have all the farm trial scoresheets ready to go and organized. I also put descriptions in plastic sleeves ready to post on the day of or evening before the trial. I spoke to Tim about the walkway and I like what he had to offer. No idea what it's going to cost but he likes to keep costs down so I am hopeful. 2 of the 3 landscapers that came over last week have not gotten back to me. Might even have been the week before. I'm lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment