WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Saturday, August 9, 2014

AKC TRIAL

I ran Fios first today in INT sheep. He didn't to too badly although we did not Q. He was bit oblivous to my flanking commands when they were off balance. I can fix that. I also ran him in STD ducks and got his 2nd leg with 2nd place. I ran Dually in ADV A ducks and won the class with an 82 which was good enough for 4pts today. I was really not happy with his run. His outrun was close and narrow. He brought them up the line weaving like a drunken sailor. He turned them around at the Y and the Z was good but then he didn't cover on the corner and we almost lost them going to the hold pen. I tried a new method of getting them out of the pen. It needs perfecting. I sent him to the back and stood with him and when they came out a put him between me and the pen on an away to me and if he had covered it would have been great. He let them string out and we had to get them together to get to number 4. He missed the cross drive panels but i kept on going and she didn't like that we had a retreat at the hold. I guess he was not out and off in the perfect postion. All in all, I just felt that it was sloppy and we need to be better. Tomorrow is another day and I might just send him on a go bye and see if that helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment